Police, bandits’ shootout leaves three dead in Katsina

Police, bandits’ shootout leaves three dead in Katsina

Gunmen kill two in Plateau


Gunfire exchange between the police and bandits on Tuesday night has left three dead in Dutsinma Council of Katsina State.
The incident occurred after bandits attacked Unguwar Bera and Tashar Mangori villages where they reportedly seized valuables and rustled animals.

Some residents alerted the police, who hurriedly laid ambush ahead of the bandits between Mara and Tashar Gajere villages of Danmusa Council.

When the bandits ran into the ambush, the ensuing shootout claimed the lives of three bandits, while several others managed to escape with gunshot wounds.

Police spokesperson in the state, SP Gambo Isah, who confirmed the incident yesterday, also said two AK-47 rifles and rounds of ammunition were recovered after the shootout.

“Search parties are still combing the environs to arrest injured bandits and/or recover dead bodies and their operational weapons,” he added.

MEANWHILE, gunmen have killed two persons, identified as Raphael Bawa and Mabo Agah, in Bassa Council of Plateau State.
A source in the community told The Guardian yesterday that gunmen ambushed Bawa on Tuesday by about 8.30p.m. along Dundu-Maiyanga road and shot him dead.

It was also gathered that shortly after the incident, the gunmen also shot Agah, who died at a nearby hospital in the early hours of yesterday.

Confirming the incident, the National President of Irigwe Youths Movement (IYM), Ezekiel Bini, said the gunmen, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, opened fire on the victims on Dundu/Maiyanga road.

His words: “After the attack, the Fulani militia regrouped and advanced to a nearby village to attack them again. When our people got wind of the situation, they mobilised to push back the assailants and, in the process, the Fulani militia shot one of our youths whose name is Mabo Agah.

READ  NSCDC Confirms 19 Persons Dead In Abia Pipelines Fire

“Agah, who is 40 years with one wife and a child, was rushed to the hospital, but he died this morning (Wednesday).”
The youth leader, who described the situation as unfortunate, said the incident had been reported to the commander in charge of Sector 3 of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) and the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in the area.

He added that the DPO summoned a meeting between the natives and the Fulani community to find solution to the problem.When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Gabriel Ogabah, said: “Sorry, I am in a meeting, I will call you when I am through.”At press time, further calls put across to him were not responded to.

Facebook Comments

What Do You Think About This Content??? Please Share Your Thought In The Comment Box Below.

For Music Promotion or You have Gist / News to update us kindly Call or Whatsapp; +2348086951007 OR +2348080155558/BBM:D8B6C31C or Email us: Info@toorugged.net

Leave a Reply